Running Workshop Days for Clubs or Groups
A great ‘running re-boot’, the chance to step back and have a look at yourself and your running, a great club social and the chance to discover something new in a well-structured day.
All really good and important reasons to do this workshop day.
What we do on these days is create a ‘menu’ of workshop options that I’ll talk through with whoever is cohering the group. This means that we can put a day together for you and your group that is meaningful and at the right level for the participants. You might have experienced runners or less experienced or there might be a mix. We like to vary it between indoor and outdoor sessions.
It is our aim that everyone should take something useful away from the day.
Generically the day is based around trail/off road/fell running with reference to road running.
I pull in other specialists to work the day with me depending on what you want to base the day around and the workshops you choose.
Here are some workshop examples:
- Descending – This is a key component in fell and trail (and even Parkruns) and often much overlooked – indoor session followed by practical focusing on technique – very useful.
- Building Running Resilience – a look at our mental approach as runners and how we can strengthen this.
- Strength Training For Runners – practical session
- Soft Tissue And Fascia – presentation with practical about the importance of soft tissue and how to look after it.
- Pain And Approaches To Pain – GP led and an all-round interesting session on pain and our knowledge of this and our approach.
- A Trail Run or a Fell Run – the terrain is not rocky or technical for the fell run. Glorious and scenic route. I mark out the route, people go at their preferred pace – usually about 5-6 miles. We like to use this as an integral session to all workshops as it’s a beautiful area.
- Yoga For Runners – practical led by a specialist with a focus on body balance and weaknesses.
- Nutrition – a focus on food.
- Starter Trail and Fell Races – how to find with examples and how to put some good training routes together & Kit and Equipment
- Myth Busting For Runners – bit of a fun session with some surprises
- Beginning Fell Running Day – a complete day with indoor and outdoor sessions on getting to grips with the fells and feeling confident to line up for your first race.
We can do either Saturday or Sunday depending on your preference.
Cost: This depends on numbers and the programme that you choose. 15+ participants is cheaper, I like to keep the maximum to around 20.
It usually works out between £50 – £65 p/p
Venue: Llanbedr near Crickhowell – good and immediate access to some first rate running landscape and easily accessible to reach by car for the day. There will be tea, coffee and cake as part of the day.
Ruth has over 30 years of running experience. She’s represented for England and GB, has won the British Fell Championship and has been a Salomon sponsored Skyrunner; starting marathons late, she also recorded some good 2.45 marathons as a V40.
Contact Ruth via email: Ruth@element-active.co.uk or phone 07507 189904 to discuss further.
Some of the things that participants have said:
“I just wanted to say a huge thank you for a truly amazing day. It was so inspiring, and thought provoking and has got my mind buzzing. I have been thinking non-stop about my internal narrative, and how this has affected my running. I will be recommending your course to anyone who stands still long enough to hear me wax lyrical!” Lizzie W.
“So much to take away from today – inspiring, informative and really enjoyable. We are still buzzing with it all …” Lisa
“I’ve just started back to fitness after Adrenal fatigue and injury – today has given me a wonderful sense of enthusiasm and feel much more confident about moving forward with my fitness. Thank you.” S.
“What a fab day. Great fun. Superb teachers” Ian